There is nothing like it, the open road ahead, the family and the dog are all strapped in and ready to explore, and with the luxury of a motorhome, you have no worries about accommodation. Thousands of British families take to the roads in summer, in search of adventure and enjoyment, as the drive their way around the British Isles, and for those who are a little more adventurous, France and mainland Europe are only a few hours away. If you have always opted for the traditional package holiday, and have never considered a motorhome experience, here are some good reasons to make the change.
- The Excitement of Camping – Even though you are not sleeping in a tent, a motorhome holiday is similar to camping, and the feeling of being totally self-sufficient gives the experience a new dimension. You can explore and find hidden attractions, and are free to move on whenever you choose. Some people like to plan their route, while others prefer the uncertainty of just selecting a region and setting off on the open road.
- You are in Control – One of the downsides to an organised package tour is you are never in control. Breakfast is timed, then there’s the tours that are arranged, and before you realise it, you are on a forced march, with everything revolving around a timetable. Many people feel exhausted after this type of holiday, yet a self-driving holiday allows you to decide what you do, where you go, and how long you stay. If you like an area, then you can stay for as long as you wish, and with so many exciting regions to visit, you really are spoilt for choice.
- Total Freedom – Effectively, a self-driving holiday puts you in complete control, with no flights to catch, or hotel bookings to make, you and your family are free to go where you choose, and stay for as long as you wish. Most people that try this type of holiday have such an amazing experience that they decide to buy their own motorhome. There are used campervans for sale, and with online suppliers who have an extensive range of used vehicles, finding the right unit is not a problem.
- No Accommodation Costs – By far the biggest part of the holiday expense is your accommodation, and with a campervan holiday, your accommodation is also your vehicle. A motorhome can sleep from 2 – 8 people depending on the size, and with all the mod cons, you have everything you need on board.
- Own your Holidays Forever – The first experience is usually sufficient to convince the family to buy their own motorhome. Once you have a vehicle, you can set off whenever you feel like it, and when you factor in the costs, it works out very reasonable, and with total control over where and when you go, your future holidays are assured.
Online suppliers of quality used motorhomes give you a wide range of vehicles at affordable prices, and your holiday will never be the same again.